1) On Knowledge:
- "Go in quest of knowledge even to China"
- "Seek knowledge from the cradle to the grave"
- "One learned man is harder on the devil than a thousand ignorant worshippers. The pursuit of knowledge is a divine commandment for every Muslim; and to waste knowledge on those who are unworthy of it is like putting pearls, jewels and gold on the necks of swine."
- "Acquire knowledge. It enables its possessor to distinguish right from wrong; it lights the way to Heaven; it is our friend in the desert, our society in solitude, our companion when friendless, it guides us to happiness; it sustains us in misery; it is an ornament amongst friends, and armour against enemies."
- "Who are the learned? They who practise what they know."
- "That person who dies while he is acquiring knowledge in order to revive the knowledge of religion will be only one degree inferior to the Prophet."
- "Riches are not from abundance of worldly goods, but from a contented mind."
- "Wealth, properly employed, is a blessing; and a man should lawfully endeavour to increase it by honest means."
- Ibn 'Abbas relates, he heard the Holy Prophet saying; " Even if there were for a man two valleys full of wealth he would aspire for a third one, and nothing would fill man's belly but dust, and Allah turns to him who turns to Allah."
- Abu Hurairah relates that the Holy Prophet said; "Whenever one of you looks at him who has been graced with wealth and health to a greater than himself, let him also have a look at one who is below him in that respect."
3) Of Parents:
- "Heaven lies at the feet of Mothers."
- "A man is bound to do good to his parents, although they may have injured him."
- "He who wishes to enter Paradise through the best door must please his Father and Mother."
4) The World:
- "The love of the world is the root of all evil."
- Prophet Muhammad slept upon a mat and got up with marks on his body made by the mat. Someone said, "O Messenger of God! If you had ordered me, I would have spread a soft bed for you. " Prophet Muhammad replied, "What business have I with the world? My state in respect of the World is that of a man on horseback to stops under the shade of a tree for a while and then leaves it."
- Ibn 'Abbas relates that the Holy Prophet holding him by his shoulder said;"Live in the world as if you were a stranger or a wayfarer."
- "Shall I not inform you of better acts than fasting, giving alms and prayers? Make peace with one another, enmity and malice tear up rewards by the roots."
- Jabir ibn "Abdullah relates that the Holy Prophet said; "He who is not merciful to others will not be shown mercy."
- "They will enter the Garden of Bliss who have a true, pure and merciful heart."